Pluribus Netvisor® Data Center Fabric automation removes the hindrances of network complexity by simplifying key administrative phases: network deployment, network maintenance and updates, network reporting and troubleshooting, and network capacity expansion. Clients gain agility and simplification via our extensible, open, distributed controller fabric. Learn more about Data Center Fabric automation features and capabilities.
Data Center Fabric Automation Features
- Controllerless fabric with single management IP for fabric-wide automation and operational simplification
- Auto VXLAN tunnels with 2 simple commands to set up full VXLAN mesh across all nodes of the fabric
- Automated mapping of VLAN<>VTEP<>VNI
- Powerful Multipoint Bridge Domain with flexible encapsulation including QinQ for rich multitenant L2 services
- Highly scalable VRF with Anycast gateways for simple yet powerful multitenant L3 services
- Fabric interoperability with third party spine and/or leaf networks
- Fabric control plane via out-of-band management network or in-band network for flexibility and availability
- Fabric over any Layer 3 underlay network, even across multiple DC sites
- Zero Touch Replacement (ZTR) for Cluster nodes
- Automatic Port Channeling (trunking)
- Zero Touch Provisioning (via Ansible or UNUM management platform)
- L2/L3 Fabric Automation (via Ansible or UNUM management platform)
Data Center Fabric Automation Capabilities
- Entire fabric can be controlled/programmed from any switch via CLI/API:
- Create application policies with a single command (VLAN, QoS, switch port buffer, Security, vLB, VRF, vRouter, service chaining, etc.)
- Automate assignment of application policies when a new VM/host connects to the fabric or migrates
- Distributed controller architecture using server-clustering technology reduces cost as well as integration and deployment complexity
- Multi-threaded (1,000s of concurrent calls), server-style APIs (no southbound protocols)
- Highly scalable: fabric automation allows for scaling across pods and datacenters with millions of VLAns and thousands of VRFs
- L2 broadcast (ARP) free and STP-free L2 fabric services
- Hit-less, automated fabric software upgrade and configuration snapshot rollback
- Highly scalable L3 underlay with automated VXLAN overlay fabric providing rich, fabric-wide L2 and L3 sevices
- Fabric-wide configurations are atomic transactions guaranteed to succeed or fail across the fabric with unlimited rollback
Fabric Programmability with RESTful API
- Every switch in the fabric (or management domain) has complete visibility and control of all other switches
- Fabric-wide programmability w/ REST API
- Complete REST-CLI parity as API is built natively into the base code
- Scope Fabric (fabric-wide) configurations either succeed across all nodes or fail at the fabric level and raise an alert to ensure consistent configurations
- Commands can also be at Scope Cluster or Scope Local for complete flexibility
Automation with UNUM Management Platform
- UNUM Management Platform is an agile, multi-functional web management portal that enhances the intrinsic automation of the Adaptive Cloud Fabric™ architecture.
- Combines an elastic big data database and intelligent analytics engine with an intuitive and consistent user interface that allows seamless navigation across fully integrated management and analysis modules.
- UNUM workflow fabric automation simplifies building and provisioning next-generation software-defined networks.
- Zero touch provisioning automates the topology build-out in minutes with only a few clicks without touching a single device.
- Interactive topology dashboard provides a comprehensive at-a-glance real-time view of the current state and health of network operations.
- Continuously monitors multi-vendor networked elements across the Fabric to collect extensive physical link layer and device level data providing an accurate real-time picture of network and device health.
Creating a 10 switch fabric in 15 minutes
Automation with Ansible
Ansible Modules supported located here
Configure the Adaptive Cloud Fabric using Ansible