The Pluribus Network Packet Broker (NPB) is the industry’s most flexible and scalable solution for network monitoring, security monitoring and visibility. The scale-out fabric architecture grows seamlessly from simple single-switch applications to multi-site, geographically distributed monitoring and network visibility fabrics and rapidly adapts to changing requirements and network conditions.
The Network Packet Broker solution can be deployed in-line to create a dynamic security fabric for traffic segmentation and service insertion, or out-of-band for high-scale, highly flexible traffic aggregation, packet filtering, replication and advanced packet processing. And because Pluribus NPB solutions are built on a foundation of the Pluribus Adaptive Cloud Fabric and open networking Ethernet switches, they are inherently highly automated, resilient and cost-effective.
Network Packet Broker out-of-band deployment models
Network Packet Broker in-line deployment model
The Pluribus Network Packet Broker solution provides a comprehensive feature set for a wide range of use cases, along with several unique advantages and benefits for network and security operations teams.
- High-scale, non-blocking, wire-speed packet filtering, replication, conditioning and grooming
- Support for diverse hardware platforms with varying port capacities and interface speeds, enabling high- to low-speed traffic delivery
- Any feature, any service, any port: Configure any port as ingress or egress
- Any TAP, any tool, any location: Flexible aggregation and replication, 1-to-1, 1-to-many, many-to-1, many-to-many
- Granular multi-stage packet filtering on ingress and egress
- Support for advanced packet processing features via attached high-capacity packet engine
- REST API for integration with other operational systems
|✓ Fully modular, scale-out architecture with a “virtual chassis” operations model and no per port licensing||Easily scale port capacity, add switches and sites to match demand and minimize operational complexity|
|✓ End to end visibility and management of geographically distributed, multi-site network packet broker fabrics, including integrated telemetry||Simplify multi-site operations to lower opex, and enable easier tool sharing across sites to lower capex|
|✓ High resilience and sub-second failover on link or node failures||Ensure continuous network monitoring and security visibility|
|✓ Dynamic load balancing and path optimization||Use network capacity efficiently to drive lower capex|
With these comprehensive features and unique advantages, the Pluribus Network Packet Broker solution is an ideal choice for a wide range of monitoring and visibility use cases for both network operations and security operations teams:
- Network Operations (NetOps): network and application performance monitoring and assurance, application detection, policy and regulatory compliance
- Security Operations (SecOps): Security monitoring, firewall, intrusion detection and prevention, suspicious user and application detection
Contact us to explore how the Pluribus Network Packet Broker solution can address your specific use case requirements.