Convergence for Data Center Transformation – An Expert’s Point of View (2 min)
- Shamus McGillicuddy, Senior Analyst, EMA Research
Describe how SDN complements Software-Defined Storage and Computing?
- Yes, they all form the SDDC/Private Cloud.
- Previous research has shown that 46% of enterprises that tare adopting software-defined data centers are using SDN (underlay, not overlays)
Does Hyperconverged Infrastructure need SDN?
- Converged infrastructure expects agile networking
- If you look under the hood of any leading converged solution today you will find SDN technology to enable this agility.
- A solution that is partnered with an overlay provider will include an overlay in its stack. A provider that is partnered with an SDN fabric provider will include that SDN fabric. These are not competing technologies, but complementary.