Manage Lab Connectivity and Troubleshooting Virtually
Pluribus Virtual Wire switch converts media and physical topologies into virtual ones.The Pluribus VirtualWire switch is a highly flexible, highly-scalable physical layer non-blocking switching matrix powered by the Pluribus Netvisor® OS. It is designed to build dynamic, high-performance lab connectivity with packet/application/link layer visibility.
VirtualWire enables an engineer to conserve time, maximize productivity, reduce costs and eliminate errors associated with manual patching. VirtualWire also allows users to store well-known physical configurations and reproduce the configurations at will for subsequent testing. VirtualWire also offers a powerful RESTful API to integrate with a customer’s own management and orchestration tools.
- After initial wiring, Pluribus Virtual Wire acts as a virtual patch panel
- Scalability – add switches in the Virtual Wire fabric as needed
- Efficient sharing of expensive test tools (e.g. traffic generators), which can be dynamically moved across test environments with a software command.
- Save cable configuration for future re-use
- Fabric-wide flow, packet, link-layer visibility to accelerate troubleshooting of physical layer issues as well as applications
- Significant CapEx savings versus traditional Layer 1 switches: 1/10th the cost!
- Highly programmable – CLI, Python, RESTful API and C-based APIs facilitate rapid development
- Media conversion copper<>fiber
- Virtual Wire 1:1 and 1:n port association
- Transparency to Ethernet frame and L2 protocols (CRC, Error frame, LLDP, FEX, Instant Access etc)
- Media/Speed conversion with low latency
- Link status tracking across Virtual Wire fabric
- Fabric management can be done via single switch via CLI and/or API
- Time Machine to replay TCP flows
- Hardware-based packet filtering, packet capture in PCAP format and packet analysis with VCFcenter
- sFlow, IPFIX support