Networking Fabric and Built-In Analytics - For the Dell ON Switch Family
The commodity switching market is quickly becoming a strategic differentiator for the modern data center. Dell open switches partnered with Pluribus Open Netvisor Linux for Dell simply do more for less. They offer commodity pricing without sacrificing performance, offers features above and beyond anything possible with traditional switches and can offer built-in business level network analytics. In fact, the use of open switches and Pluribus ONVL operating system is one of the easiest ways to enable any forward-thinking organization to build modern data centers that are more agile and provide more visibility than any other approach.
Pluribus Open Netvisor® Linux (ONVL) for Dell can be loaded onto supported ON-series switches (like the S40xx-ON and S60xx-ON) to transform them into fully-compliant Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices, with fabric automation for simplicity and deep business application visibility built-in.
Tap-free, flow-level monitoring and analysis with a network analytics and forensics
Virtual network provisioning and segmentation; support for multi-tenancy; vRouters
Agility and simplification via an extensible, open, distributed controller fabric
Supports R.E.S.T., Java, and C APIs for programmability
Layer 2 / Layer 3
Compatible with all existing Layer-2/3 infrastructures
Open Netvisor Linux on Dell Benefits
- Includes Fabric Automation to simplify configuration and operation, thereby reducing OpEx costs and lowering downtime
- Built-in fabric visibility can be a key capability to accelerate troubleshooting of new applications such as converged infrastructure, decreasing MTTR
- Increases new application deployment speeds, enabling the business to quickly respond to changing business conditions
- Increases the overall security footprint of any organization, keeping track of all resource utilization and traffic flows across the network
- Significant CapEx savings versus traditional networking infrastructure by enabling the use of commodity switching hardware, just like the server and storage industries
- Works with what you have already, leveraging your existing networking infrastructures (Layer-2/3) but adding a layer of fabric and analytics for new deployments
- Fully programmable by DevOps – R.E.S.T. and C-based APIs facilitate rapid application development, and programmatic network configuration
- Supports popular orchestration layers include Ansible and Puppet to reduce the management overhead furthar
Read more about the benefits and considerations for SDN white Box technology
Pluribus Deployment Options
Switches running Pluribus Netvisor operating system provide the industry’s most comprehensive fabric-based networking layer available today, along with complete visibility to the information that flows across it.
New Data Center Deployments
In a new environment where agility and visibility are key requirements to support new business initiatives, Pluribus-based switches can be deployed at the aggregation layer (spine) and at the top-of-rack (leaf).
Existing Data Center Use
In established data centers with large deployments of existing aggregation-layer and dense switching topologies, switches powered by Pluribus Netvisor (including ONVL) are the perfect choice for the top-of-rack switching function to enable all devices in each rack to receive the benefits of a true fabric with advanced visibility.
Open Netvisor® Linux is ONIE (OCP) compliant
Pluribus Open Netvisor Linux runs on Dell’s ONIE-compatible hardware switches so you can choose your hardware while still getting all of the great benefits of the Pluribus Virtualization-Centric Fabric: insight, agility and security with dramatic cost savings.
Pluribus ONVL for DELL Open Networking has the following benefits:
- Works with what you have already in place
- Doesn’t require any agents to be installed on servers
- Works with Dell’s ON series of low-cost open switches
- Provides Fabric automation to reduce OPex
- Includes deep network visibility and analytics