Technical Writer/Senior Technical Writer
India, Bangalore | Technical Publications
As a technical writer at Pluribus Networks, you will directly help our customers and partners better understand how to configure and use Netvisor ONE on a network. We are looking for a writer who is passionate about how our users experience documentation, curious about how the product works and integrates with the network, and staunch in developing the workflows and best practices for enabling users successfully deploy our Netvisor ONE software on a switch. This effort will directly contribute in helping our users fully utilize the platform to protect their network and generate fewer calls to our support organization.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Know the craft—You like writing more than you like doing anything else and you have an innate ability to think like and write for administrators. You see every feature and task as part of a broad scenario, and interested in not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular configuration/setting.
- Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products.
- Organization—You can take large amounts of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their network problems.
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and quality to enable a better customer experience and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need.
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them.
- Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand.
- Adaptable—You can handle a rapid release model and adjust easily to new or changing circumstances.
- Must have knowledge of and background in networking, network protocols, and APIs. Having a CCNA/JNCIA certification is desirable or if you are willing to take the certification in the first six months of joining (before confirmation).
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of writing from scratch.
- Writers with experience of 0-5 years of proven technical writing experience. Freshers, who have a good flair for writing and who are eager to learn the technology/take CCNA or JNCIA certifications are also welcome.
- Proficiency with FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, and PhotoShop is desired.
- HTML experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with Bugzilla (bugs) and Confluence (collaboration) is preferred.
- The tools knowledge will be excused for freshers.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision. Experience working in a small company environment is a strong plus.
Qualified candidates please send your CV / resume to: email@example.com