Test Engineer – Solutions
All Locations | Engineering
The candidate will be part of a system and fabric test team responsible for testing virtualized switches and distributed Netvisor operating system. This job requires developing comprehensive test plans based on functionality, scaling targets and use case scenarios. The job also requires developing and executing automated and manual tests and discover defects at various stages of release process. The candidate should be able to setup test equipment in the lab, use third party network test tools, debug complex problems to isolate bugs from desired behavior, execute regression tests and analyze results for true failures.
- BS/MS in EE/CS or related fields plus 7/10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas
- Advance knowledge in Ethernet switching, IP routing protocols, network management and security required.
- Extensive experience testing L2 technologies such as RSTP/MSTP, Link aggregation and IGMP snooping is a plus.
- Experience testing openflow is a plus.
- Extensive hands on experience with storage and SAN is a plus.
- Strong test automation or programming skills in Perl, TCL or C is a plus.
- Track record with innovation and out of box thinking is a plus.
- Strong Server virtualization, Hypervisor, vswitch and UNIX operating system fundamentals required.
- Hands on experience with customer deployment or troubleshooting of L2/L3 networking products is a plus.
- Hands on experience with advance test methodologies such as scaling, performance and solutions testing required.
- Ability to use third party test tools for networking, SAN or server virtualization is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Candidate must be a self starter, self motivated and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously