Software Engineer – VMWARE Network Development Engineer
USA, San Jose, CA | Engineering
You will be a key member of the fast paced Pluribus Network Engineering team using your expert design and implementation skills to deliver high quality L2/L3 networking protocol implementations for the Pluribus Networks NetVisor™ operating system. You will use your excellent communication skills to work closely with our Solutions Architects and Product Managers to understand and find solutions to complex requirements so that Pluribus Networks can provide the best switching and routing protocol implementations for our customers. You will work closely with the Pluribus Test team to ensure highest level of quality. You must be able to multi-task and participate in customer escalations with our Customer Advocacy and Sustaining Engineering teams analyzing and solving complex customer escalations with high-energy and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- 5-7 years of VmWare vSphere/ESXi, vCentyer API internals from network perspective with a BSCS or equivalent
- Java, ESXi VM/Hypervisor/Kernel performance bottlenecks, trouble-shooting and tuning
- VI Java, SDK API hands on from networking perspective
- Knowledge of OVS, DVS internals and debug tools.
- Excellent understanding of routing protocols such as ECMP, BGP, OSPF, RIP, PIM/IP Multicast, IPv6
- Experience with Layer 2 networking technologies such as VLAN, STP, RSTP/MSTP
- Excellent C and Java programming skills
- Experience with protocol state-machines and complex algorithms, multi-threading, and related skills
- Ability to work independently and also in a collaborative environment mentoring more junior developers
- Experience debugging and fixing complex networking issues