Professional Services Engineer (Eastern US Region)
USA, East Coast US | Professional Services
Pluribus Networks is the leader in performance-oriented network virtualization for private and public cloud datacenters. Pluribus’ technology simplifies network management, improves datacenter utilization and enables network centric applications to move into the network.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the role of Professional Services Engineer. The successful candidate will provide onsite installation, deployment, and configuration relating to Pluribus Networks equipment. The engineer will function as the Pluribus Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer’s personnel and or project teams. The services engineer will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams with the customer providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. The services engineer contributes to the development of new principles and concepts, works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the services engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the Pluribus Network products and solutions deployed within the customer’s network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel (50-60%) to customer sites installing, deploying and troubleshooting Pluribus Networks solutions.
- Provide support to understand, troubleshoot, diagnose, reproduce and provide fault isolation in resolving escalated technical issues.
- Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans and drives solutions/fixes through engineering and QA.
- Ability to use diagnostic aids, tools and appropriate lab equipment as necessary.
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to specified project deliverables.
- Strong Analytics and Problem Solving skills.
- Ability to document necessary documentation packages for customers as defined.
- Ability to work on a team or lead a team in project-based environments.
- Quickly learn and adapt to new technology, tools, and platforms
- Other tasks or duties as required to support our customers and/or the business.
- In-Depth Knowledge and understanding of Datacenter Networks, Network Design Principles, IP Sub-netting, VLAN Architecture, Switching & Routing Concepts.
- Strong hands-on experience implementing and troubleshooting Large Datacenter Networks is highly desirable.
- Strong Technical Knowledge on several of the following:
- Linux Operating System
- Enterprise Switching & Routing – VLAN/VxLAN, VRRP, VRF, Virtual Routers, OSPF/BGP.
- Network Security – Traffic Segmentation & Filtering
- Network Load Balancing
- Virtualization Technologies – Vmware, vSwitch, vRouter.
- Demonstrates role-model level customer service skills.
- Keen ability to quickly understand the business impact of customer and partner issues and be able to effectively navigate politically charged situations.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and have a proven ability to function in a team environment.
- Preferred Location: Singapore. Other regional contacts will be evaluated based on their qualifications.
- Microsoft Project or similar applications.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- CCNA, CCIE
Education / Experience
- MS/BS in CS/EE or equivalent.
- 5+ years in a direct Professional Services Engineer role.
Qualified candidates: please submit your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org