Principal Network Engineer
Asia-Pacific Region, Singapore | Technical Support
Pluribus Networks is the leader in performance-oriented network virtualization for private and public cloud datacenters. Pluribus’ technology simplifies network management, improves datacenter utilization and enables network centric applications to move into the network. We are currently seeking a highly-motivated self-starter to work in a dynamic 24×7 global technical team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to understand, troubleshoot, diagnose, reproduce and provide fault isolation in resolving escalated technical issues.
- Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans and drives solutions/fixes through engineering and QA.
- Effectively manages many different tasks simultaneously.
- Periodically works with partners to perform problem isolation and resolution.
- Participates in the review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Ability to use diagnostic aids, tools and appropriate lab equipment as necessary.
- Desired location: Singapore. Other APAC country candidates are welcome to apply and will be strongly considered.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Linux environments and hypervisors such as KVM XEN, VMware.
- Experience in a large Data Center network is highly desirable.
- Excellent understanding of the following networking technologies: Switching and Routing, VRRP, 802.1Q, QoS, Policy Based Routing, firewall, load-balancer, packet sniffing.
- Demonstrates role-model level customer service and support skills.
- Keen ability to quickly understand the business impact of customer and partner issues and be able to effectively navigate politically charged situations.
- History of authoring Knowledgebase articles and reviewing technical field bulletins.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and have a proven ability to function in a team environment.
- Willing to travel 35% of the time.
Education / Experience
- MS/BS in CS/EE or equivalent.
- 8+ years in a direct technical support role.
Qualified candidates: please submit your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org