Business Development Manager
All Locations, USA | Marketing
Pluribus Networks is looking for a highly motivated, organized self-starter with great communication and relationship skills to help develop business through strategic distributor and value-added reseller partners for our data center network and SDN solutions. In this role, the Business Development Manager will help grow and accelerate pipeline, bookings and revenues generated by our strategic channel partners such as Dell EMC.
Pluribus Networks enables customers to simplify increasingly complex network operations by modernizing, unifying and automating networking inside a single data center or across multiple geographically distributed data centers and edge compute locations. Our Netvisor® ONE open network operating system (OS) and our Adaptive Cloud Fabric™, a controllerless next-generation software-defined networking (SDN) solution, distribute intelligence and state across every switch in the network to dramatically simplify cloud data center networks. By leveraging open networking hardware and our novel software, customers become more agile to deliver services and products faster while reducing costs by 30 to 60% over traditional vendors, eliminating vendor lock-in and accelerating innovation. A winner of the Deloitte Fast 500, Pluribus’ software is deployed in well over 200 customers globally, including deployments in some of the largest Tier 1 mobile operators in the world with traffic from hundreds of millions of mobile devices being processed by our network software. If you are looking for a high-growth company in an exciting market segment, then look no further.
Reporting directly to the Director of Products and Solutions at Pluribus Networks, the Business Development Manager will help develop and grow business with strategic partners. Key activities include creating and delivering sales enablement programs, supporting partner marketing and sales activities and executing any tasks required to grow the sales pipeline and help accelerate the sales cycle. He/she will work closely with Pluribus sales and the regional sales leadership teams of our partners on executing on sales events and programs, sales content and customer presentations and coordinating with technical product teams to do demos, trainings and POCs toward the goal of closing business.
The successful candidate must be a strong team player and have a passion for technology and data-driven marketing and sales to help plan and execute targeted, partner-based strategies, sales enablement content and programs in conjunction with sales and the extended marketing team. The ideal candidate is a great communicator who can develop strong personal relationships while simultaneously being creative, resourceful, versatile and able to balance strategic planning with day-to-day execution. He/she will have a proven ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively in a team environment in close alignment with the product marketing, content marketing, sales and operations teams. The candidate will be results-oriented and will look at the full lifecycle of a campaign across strategic development, execution and reporting on ROI.
This is a full-time role, ideally located in the US Eastern region. However other North American or European locations will be considered for candidates with the right skill set.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Be a key member of the team that promotes Pluribus Networks products and solutions with our partner networking sales teams.
- Understand the partner sales and marketing organizations and cultivate relationships that will facilitate excellent communication/collaboration to gain mindshare for Pluribus solutions.
- Identify new opportunities for Pluribus/partner solutions, help partners develop pipeline and revenue for Pluribus Networks as the preferred solution.
- Become a go-to resource for technical pre-sales and sales reps to ensure all their technical and process questions are answered in a timely fashion and knock down any barriers to closing business.
- Develop enablement tools and ensure the use of those tools to help partner sales teams win against the competition.
- Coordinate training on Pluribus Networks products and solutions to the relevant technical pre-sales and sales teams.
- Provide periodic reporting on key metrics for Pluribus Networks sales leadership and partner leadership.
- Project-manage joint marketing and sales and enablement activities and events to ensure campaign elements are firing on time and on budget and that everything runs smoothly.
- Collaborate closely with and influence other key team members from the partner teams as well as internal Pluribus stakeholders – product management, product marketing, sales, partner teams and others – to plan and deliver integrated sales enablement campaigns.
- Partner closely with the sales team and channel partners to manage lead distribution, follow up and measurement. Work closely with sales and channel partners to inform them of trends and behavioral data within their target account lists and in their territories.
- Regular reporting of campaign performance across the marketing team and externally (to sales, executive leadership, etc.).
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience (5+ years preferred) in sales enablement in partner selling environments in with established record of partner sales attainment.
- Technical degree from an accredited college or university and basic understanding of data center networking strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop sales training content and enablement tools such as presentations, battle cards, solution briefs.
- Track record of organizing sales enablement events and activities, influencing and training partner sales teams, creating reporting and justifying investments using ROI analysis and other metrics.
- Ability to think strategically but also dive into campaign planning and execution.
- Understanding of enterprise and service provider technology sales cycles and hands-on experience with lead/pipeline forecasting, reporting and analysis.
- Experience independently managing sales pipelines and generating reporting supporting business objectives.
- Experience partnering with sales teams to coordinate, communicate and deliver offers and campaigns that resonate deeply with prospects along the buyer’s journey.
- Ability to work successfully in a quickly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree desirable/
- Experience in networking technical sales, ideally in data center networking.
Qualified candidates: please submit your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org