Pluribus Netvisor® Fabric Virtualization
Network Segmentation and Security
Challenges for Network Virtualization
For cloud providers and even enterprises, multi-tenancy, the ability to allow customers to have their own unique virtual network secure from others, is key. So while the utility and value of network virtualization has been proven, current implementations leave something to be desired. On the one hand, software-only approaches have proven expensive in price and in the toll they exact on host performance. Specifically, all the tunnel overhead is handled by server VMs and hosts and not the network itself.
For networking infrastructure solutions that take the network virtualization burden off the host and put it back on the network (where it belongs), they tend to be both expensive and prone to hardware lock-in (i.e. not open).
Pluribus Networks advances virtual and software-defined networking (SDN) through Netvisor, the industry’s most programmable, open source-based network operating system. Netvisor is based upon the Pluribus Virtualization-Centric Fabric (VCF™) architecture, a proven approach to understanding flow, rapidly responding to business needs and securing your data.
Netvisor combines the benefits of server clustering for networking with a distributed controller fabric. The traditional CLI (Command Line Interface) is paired with fabric-wide programmability (C, RESTful API), and DevOps tools (e.g. Ansible) for agility and automation via a single point of management.
In combination with our switch hardware, Netvisor provides best- in-class switching economics. The deployment flexibility is guaranteed by Pluribus Netvisor full L2/L3 stack providing complete interoperability with the legacy networking infrastructure, allowing for easy insertion into third party deployments.
Segmentation and Security
With sophisticated network virtualization, it is now possible to segment the infrastructure for multiple purposes. This can enable multitenancy or allow a university or corporation to leverage a single network for multiple purposes, all of which can be safely walled off from each other.
- Rapid provisioning of secure virtual networks (VNETs) with management, control and data plane isolation
- Provision in minutes per-tenant virtual routers and services with management, control, data plane isolation
- Leverages existing network – no rip-and-replace
- Complete overlay compatibility without any hypervisor lock-in
- Avoids the need to manage a separate, overlay network on top of the physical, existing network infrastructure
- Breaks down the barriers between physical and virtual
- Immunity to ARP storms
- Ability to resist large DDoS attacks
- Every VNET can be controlled and reconfigured on-the-fly: e.g. you can grow, expand and take ports in or out as needed
- Virtual Network (VNET) Provisioning, Management and Segmentation
- Multi-tenancy/Role-Based Access
- Virtual Networks (VNETs) with L3-7 services including vRouters
About Pluribus Networks
Pluribus Networks provides data center solutions that allow your business to run unconstrained. Our software-defined, open networking, fabric-based solutions transform existing network infrastructures into flexible and strategic assets fully aligned with today’s digital business needs. Our Virtualization-Centric Fabric (VCF™) architecture provides unprecedented insight, agility and security to customers seeking to simplify operations, run more cost effectively and bring new applications online faster.
Pluribus Networks, Inc., 2455 Faber Place, Suite 100, Palo Alto, CA 94303
1-855-GET-VNET / +1 650-289-4717
Copyright© 2016 Pluribus Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.