Regression Test Engineer
Bengaluru, India | Engineering
The candidate will be working with a team responsible for testing high performance network virtualization software on whitebox hardware platform. This job requires developing automated test scripts, running them, analyzing failures, isolating product defects from script issues and reporting results on ongoing basis. The candidate should be able to setup and configure web server, install and maintain open source build/test tools, test equipment in the lab, use third party network test equipment, debug complex problems to isolate bugs from desired behavior.
- BS/MS in EE/CS or related fields plus 2 to 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas
- Working knowledge in Ethernet switching, IP routing protocols required.
- Extensive experience testing L2 technologies such as Vlans, STP, Link aggregation, multicast protocols and routing protocols is a plus.
- Strong test automation or programming skills in Perl, Python, TCL or C required.
- Track record with innovation and out-of-box thinking is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in Server virtualization and UNIX (Linux, BSD, Solaris) operating system fundamentals required.
- Ability to use third party test tools for networking (Ixia/Spirent/Agilent) or configuring hypervisors is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Candidate must be a self starter, self motivated and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.